BRAND NEW iOS SOCIAL SIMULATION TITLE ‘#XOXO’
BRAND NEW iOS SOCIAL SIMULATION TITLE ‘#XOXO’ LAUNCHES TODAY WITH FOCUS ON SHARING POSITIVE INTERACTIONS & BUILDING FRIENDSHIPS IN MOBILE GAMES
London, England – 13 December, 2017 – #XOXO, the brand new fun-filled social simulation game, launches today on the App Store for iPhone and iPad formats. From the makers of ocean preservation adventure, Blue Eden, the Skoobie Games collective is back with #XOXO – an app that promotes positive social interactions and it is the first video game where you can greet, hug and kiss your friends and family. The highly accessible and easy-to-grasp game is suitable for all ages. A Christmas-themed preview of #XOXO is now free to download from the iOS App Store, with a worldwide release slated in January 2018.
#XOXO is an original mobile game experience that moves away from the traditional genres that app audiences have grown used to. While the title is single-player, the game is highly social as it invites fans to create, customize and share their own avatar for friends and family to play with in the game. A limited-edition Yuletide themed customization and costume will provide a festive mix for gamers playing in December during the holiday season as well.
“Many mobile titles rely on growing the character’s status, wealth or power; with #XOXO we wanted to create a game that focused on spreading happiness and positive behaviours with friends instead,”
said Skoobie Games’ producer and game designer Chun Wah Kong.
“During the game’s development, I received so much support from friends and location owners within the industry that some ended up being included in the cast of 60 unique characters that you can greet along the way. I hope people have as much fun playing as we had making the game.”
#XOXO GAME OVERVIEW:
A mobile experience like no other, #XOXO is a social simulation game that is dedicated to promoting healthy and positive interactions. As you are invited to meet friends at exciting locations such as the London Eye to Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con, you must build your friendships through successfully greeting, high-fiving, hugging and kissing your pals. Fans will get to play through numerous tourist sites and familiar real life locations throughout the game, as well as meet-and-greet a fun-filled cast of 60 characters (including 20 notable social media celebrities and a group of diverse friends) across 20 games levels in total.
• EASY PLAY – Highly accessible, easy to pick up and play in your spare time! Combine greetings with quick taps on the touchscreen and learn the behaviours of each friend to improve your score. Endless replay value as you progress and perfect your greetings.
• CREATE & SHARE YOUR CHARACTER WITH FRIENDS – Players can add portraits of themselves into the game as unique characters and share their creations with friends to encounter and vice versa. Just in time for Christmas, #XOXO has released Santa-themed costumes so that you can play along with your friends, family and loved ones within the game.
• NOTABLE SOCIAL MEDIA CELEBRITIES INCLUDE: –
o Walter Day – Founder of eSport and Twin Galaxies
o Mark Wiens – Migrationology.com. Food blogger, author, traveller
o Rachel & Jun – Husband & wife vbloggers on travel, food, games, culture & cats
o Jon Stoodley – Celebrity gamer, Pacman champion
o Sean Tiedeman – Filmmaker, pop-culture enthusiast
o Nicola Caulfield – Filmmaker, acclaimed ‘From Bedroom to Billions’ series
o Mange Tout – Popular Mukbang Youtube channel
o Scottsquatch – Host of ‘Video Game Sellers’ on Youtube & Treasure hunter
o Luke Morse – Video game connoisseur
o Tabitha Lyons – Superstar cosplayer. Prop & Costume builder
o Bahamut Moogle – Popular cosplayer
o Suddi Raval – Acid house and synth enthusiast
o Daniel Tidwell – Musical artist known for metal renditions of videogame tracks
o Mitsuru Nagata & Maika Boniche Arbona – Husband & wife team known for calligraphy and Japanese paintings.
o Hattie Amelia – Social media personality known for fashion/ beauty/ lifestyle
o LunaLily – Social media personality known for fashion/ jewellery/ subscription boxes
o Chris De La Rosa – Caribbean celebrity chef
o Tamsin Aston – Definitely Cake and author of ‘Super Pops’
• LOCATIONS INCLUDE – London Eye, Wembley Stadium, Brighton Pier, The Liberty Shopping Centre, Premiere Cinemas, Arcade Club, Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium, Matsuri Barcelona, Oceanografic Valencia, St. Lawrence Market Toronto, and Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con.
• REACTIVE GAME SOUNDTRACK – Level up on your greeting accuracy and timing, and each friend will respond more positively along with the increased vibrancy of the soundtrack in each level.
• FAMILY FRIENDLY – With a positive social message built into its game – #XOXO is suitable for the whole family and it’s always free to play. The game doesn’t include any in-app purchases that make you overspend, nor does it contain any addictive hidden features or Loot Boxes.
#XOXO is available now to download for free from the App Store (iPhone and iPad). It does not include any IAPs within the game. For more information, go to www.facebook.com/XOXOGame or download the app from the App Store here : https://itunes.apple.com/us/genre/ios-games-action/id7001?mt=8.
About Skoobie Games
Skoobie Games is a UK based collective of game veterans and developer friends who share a common passion for making fun, dynamic and original video game entertainment that appeal to a wide audience. The collective’s releases ‘#XOXO’ and ‘Blue Eden’ continues Skoobie Games’ vision to create fresh and engaging experiences that focus on new audiences and beyond traditional games genres. The games are available on App Store for the iPhone and iPad formats.
For Further Information, Images & Review Codes for #XOXO: